What is Aviation?
Aviation is any product or service related to aircraft, which may include but not limited to the following:
- Cabin Crew
- Ground Handling
- Air Ticketing and Passenger Handling
- Maintenance Engineering
What is Aircraft Maintenance Engineering?
Machine is anything that saves your time and eases your task. By this definition, Aircraft (Aeroplane) is also a machine. We all know that every machine demands maintenance and repair task, so does the aircraft. The person who performs maintenance and repair task on aircraft is called as “Aircraft Maintenance Engineer”.
Aircraft maintenance engineer is responsible for ensuring an aircraft operates properly and safely. Maintenance engineer may make repairs, troubleshoot problems, conduct inspections and make upgrades to aircraft. Daily duties may include keeping records of and performing scheduled maintenance, making emergency repairs, or preparing for European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) inspections.
To sum it up in one line, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is the one who make Aircraft “fit to fly”.
How have job hunt dynamics changed over the past few years?
Job hunt dynamics have changed drastically over the past few years. This dynamics can be categorized into two main parts:
- Old-School Method
- New/Smart Method
Previously, it was observed that student used to enroll themselves in an education program, study it for 4 years, where the passing out ratio was 15,000-20,000 graduates per year. These pass-out candidates then started to look for job and due high number of candidates and limited job opportunity, salaries have been nominal.
The smart and recommended method is to first survey the opportunities available in the market, then enroll yourself in the relevant course program. Now, once you have completed a course program that has good job opportunity waiting for you. This practice is highly recommended to the students of Matriculation, Intermediate, O/A Levels and DAE students.
Why is making the right career choice at the right time important?
The key factor in determining the best career option is the timing. We all must have heard the example of the field of Information Technology (IT), there was a time back in 2000’s when there was so much of requirement of IT professionals that even Canadian immigration was easily granted to them and they used to charge more than $150 per hour. But now the field of IT has met saturation and salaries have declined to below average.
One has to have a forecast of a career in long term, say, after 5-6 years, so that there is still a market need.
What is the job scope of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer in coming years?
Boeing is a company that manufactures aircraft, just like Toyota is a company that manufactures cars. As per the report of Boeing, the demand of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers from 2016-2036 will be 6,79,000 engineers. This makes the field of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering a promising and highly paid profession.
Can a female candidate become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer? What is the scope of Women in Aviation?
Yes, definitely, female candidates can apply in the field of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. There are several females who are currently contributing to the field of Maintenance Industry and are doing very well. We have to break this society stereotype that women cannot work as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- If we compare the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region to other countries, UAE has a much greater number of Women employees in Aviation.
- They work in various roles like pilots, captains, aircraft engineers, maintenance technicians, air traffic controller and many such jobs.
- In 2016, the UAE became the first country in the world to have an all women-operated airline service.
- This is the best time for women to build a successful career in aviation.
What is Hawk Aviation Services?
- Provides 4-year European License program called Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Affiliated with German Institute, Airtech Bildung GmBH
- Classroom Training is as per European standards and Industry experience is internationally accepted
- Facilitate student in job placement and provision of European License after successful completion of the course
- Only institute to have collaboration with Serene Air and ASSL for providing practical experience in parallel with classroom training
How does Hawk Aviation Services impart education to its students?
What Modules/Subjects are taught in the classroom during the training?
With which airlines does Hawk Aviation Services provide internationally accepted practical experience?